Best Blogger Tips

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Yes it's summer. Why do you ask?

The kids have black-out curtains and don't start moving till nine thirty. Which means mama kisses daddy bye around seven thirty and then drifts back off for a couple of hours. Or she reads. Or daydreams. Or spends time with her ipad. All in bed....blissful silence.

Brunch. We have given up breakfast. It may be the most important meal of the day but we aren't doing much requiring brainpower. So it's a mid morning meal and a snack at the pool. Mama is diggin' it and the kids don't know other children still eat breakfast during summer. (There is always the self serve yogurt and fruit option if they were so inclined.)

Swathing. More swimming less bathing. You don't have to admit it...but you know its true. I still hide in the shower...maybe more so now that school is out.

Pajamas. Bathing suit. Pajamas. Why isn't there less laundry? Occasionally we're forced to wear real clothes but it is just a quick departure from the above uniform. (And yes I finally bought a new bathing suit. Not sure I am in love...but I think it has more to do with the four humans I incubated, my lack of bulimia and being ALMOST thirty than the suit.)

We can't stop the party. Summer is one continuous party. Celebrating Kaya, Marc, Grandma, Alaina, Father's Day, Anniversary, 4th of July, and Aunt Meagan. And that gets us to mid July. I can't think further than that. AND in case you hadn't heard...This mama turns thirty very, very soon. Chipping away on the list and we finally settled on how we'll celebrate. We're doing this progressive dinner party with a few friends and I couldn't be more excited. A little complicated....but we couldn't do it any other way!




PS. I am so over blogger. So I am making the switch...back...to wordpress. It'll require some of you to change your feed and other technical jargon that I don't really understand and will update later. But if you follow a link or just type in the address... you are all good. If I was {queenoftheworld}, I would ask you all to view my blog in something other than internet explorer. But I'm not...and I am begging asking anyway. It's for your own good. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment