Best Blogger Tips

Thursday, May 12, 2011

My head and my heart are a jumble of things this morning. There is contentment sitting next to me. Cross legged in my chair, music coming though the speakers, happiness in a route 44 cup. The light streaming in the window is diffused by a million grey clouds. Clouds that promise... or at least tease... rain. And the day before me is simple....sweet blessings await.

Clean sheets. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Bookstore. Dinner as a canvas. Tissue paper pom-poms to transform the backyard into fairyland. Favorite old songs providing the soundtrack. Favorite new songs finding their place. And hopefully...rain.

Feeling like I can breathe.
That I don't have to hold it together today.
That there is enough room.
And I don't have to understand.
And I can disagree.
And that even if my breath catches.....I can linger in good until I can breathe effortlessly again.

And I'll be thankful for little girls to make cookies with, dance, and sing. A little man and his eyes that light up when I pick him up from school...as if he is surprised that he gets to go home with me today. And chocolate, and dinner, and books.

And rain please. Pretty please.

No comments:

Post a Comment