Best Blogger Tips

Monday, April 4, 2011

Remind me all the way to big...

To write a good love letter, you ought to begin without knowing what you mean to say, and to finish without knowing what you have written. ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

 

 

I wonder if that applies to blogging, too? I am thinking it doesn't. Shouldn't. But it often does for me.


So here I sit wondering if I'll be able to arrange the words to convey this idea bouncing around in my head. Awhile ago I was having a conversation with a friend about a project they had inspired/worked on/pulled off and mixed with the encouragement and pride I felt for their thing...was envy. It wasn't for the recognition, because honestly I don't know that they received any. It was just that they did this big thing.


And I miss big things. 

 

But right now my life is about little things... 


And here is what I know:

Big things start as small things. 

And little things add up to big things. 

And big things don't matter if you miss all the little things along the way.

 

That is what keeping it complicated is all about. It's about when you think you have done enough...do more. All in. Even if no one else will ever know or understand. Especially then. Especially in the small stuff. 


But I forget. Everyday. Everyday I miss chances to help. And love. And encourage. And give. And surrender. And thank. And celebrate. And even worse than that is that I miss chances to teach my kids how to do all those things.


And I want to forget less...miss less chances. So I create reminders...like this blog.

 

And this:

It's just a jar from walmart with wise words spelled out in letter stickers... from a woman who gave her life to others..."small things with great love".  It's sitting in our living room with a stack of colorful index cards next to it....collecting small things done with great love. Done for us. Done by us.


It's a small thing... that is a big reminder to go. And be. And do.

 

And that feels big to even me. :)





 



No comments:

Post a Comment