Best Blogger Tips

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Indian Summer


I have a major case of wanderlust. I am restless. But for now we are firmly rooted here and instead of dreaming about all the things I wish were part of living in this city...I am going to be grateful for what I know I'd miss.
  • Grandparents. It does takes a village and I am reminded daily that my kids are so very blessed to have everyday grandparents as part of their village. And I am blessed. We rarely pay a babysitter. We enjoy plenty of kid-free nights and I can get my hair done, have lunch with a girlfriend, and volunteer without worry of what I will do with my kids.
  • Tribe. Friends that are the family we have chosen. Friends that we live life alongside and with. Not without effort...but totally worth it.
  • Beach. And the opportunity to pick up the kids from school, stop by sonic happy hour and be on the beach in ten minutes....like yesterday.  Wind blowing, waves crashing, kids running free. Enjoying November in a tank top with sand between your toes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment