Best Blogger Tips

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Perfect Getaway

Several weeks ago mama was in need of a little break. After a lot of planning, adjusting, logistical miracles, and replanning, I ended up at this beautiful house on the Guadalupe River. And it was perfect.

I spent three days doing exactly what I was craving. There was a perfect balance of time alone, catching up with old friends and spending time with people I can't everyday. I made a new friend and connected with old ones.

I cooked food I love.

I took two cooking classes and learned way more than I thought I would.

I got lost. And lost again. And found my way.

I was still.

I did new things. I did my favorite things.

I dreamed and let go of some dreams.

I stayed up late.

I napped.

I soaked in the tub till I was prunny.

I read.

I used my camera to capture some absolutely stunning moments. Moments that felt painted just for me....

Incredibly indulgent few days.

I love things that are contradictions. And I cant help but consider it an adventure and a retreat all at once. Completely exciting and completely relaxing all at once. That's not an everyday thing.

But that was the point....

hovering steam

No comments:

Post a Comment