Best Blogger Tips

Monday, February 21, 2011

The One About Fritatta and A Soon To Be Rock Star

Remember when I was on a quest for the perfect mini-skillet. Well... you will all be relieved to know that I have crossed that off my bucket list. I found them, made perfect fritatta and photographed it just to prove it. I have yet to make the pesto again because sadly.... my blender never recovered. And maybe because an ice cream machine seemed much more urgent on my last small appliance buying spree.


But what I really want to tell you is not about pesto but about the pesto maker. We are very excited for our friend STEVE!

Steve won the battle of the bands contest and will be opening for Mercy Me, Jars of Clay, and the rest of the Rock & Worship Roadshow. If you are local, you won't want to miss it!

I am excited for you because he is ubercrazytalented and creative. If you go...which you should...you will be blessed.


And I am excited for Steve because he is incredibly humble and one of the most compassionate people I know. He deserves it for his talent but even more for the way he shares his gifts. He has rescued me from teacher-produced-performance-nightmares, entertained at my children's birthday parties, moved heavy furniture, saved me from being arrested, stood in the gap for us when life was crazy, let my kids smash confetti eggs on his head, and goes along with whatever I am complicating without much more than a few moments of teasing. He shares his wife with me and loves my family. He's great....and we are very blessed to have him and Lauren in our lives.

And I happen to adore this picture of him singing to Kaya on her birthday.... almost as much as she adores him.

No comments:

Post a Comment